International Moving to Auckland
Guaranteed prices for International Moving.
No hidden fees or surprises!
International Moving to Auckland
Guaranteed prices for International Moving. No hidden fees or surprises!
International Relocation to Auckland, New Zealand with Sunset Moving
Are you thinking about moving to New Zealand? Is Auckland your city of choice? If so, let Sunset Moving lead you through the process of international relocation. We are a team of professional movers with years of experience in corporate and residential relocation to Auckland, New Zealand. This makes us the perfect choice for your upcoming change of address.
Should you choose us as your moving helpers, you will be given the chance to create a moving plan that fits your needs perfectly. Among other things, you will be able to choose those services that fit your budget and requirements among a long list of our offers, such as:
- Air freight shipping
- Ocean freight shipping
- International auto transport
- Moving supplies
- Storage units
- Moving tips
- Professional packing services
- And many more.
Before you start packing your belongings into moving boxes, it is important to get to know more about the city of Auckland. For that reason, we at Sunset Moving have compiled this quick guide.
About Auckland, New Zealand
Auckland is a city located in the North Island in New Zealand. It is the most populated urban area in the country. It is a diverse and multicultural city, which makes it attractive to immigrants from all parts of the world. Auckland is an important financial, commercial, media, entertainment, arts, education, and tourism hub. As such, it offers a lot of employment and entertainment opportunities to its residents.
The People of Auckland, New Zealand
Auckland is home to around 1.5 million people. Almost 60 per cent of them identify as being of European ethnicity, while some 23 per cent consider themselves Asian. Around 15 per cent are Pacific peoples, and 10 per cent are Maori. People of Middle Eastern, Latin American, and African descent make up around 1.2 per cent of the population.
Most immigrants in Auckland come from the United Kingdom, China, India, Fiji, Samoa, South Africa, Australia, South Korea, the Philippines, and Tonga.
Almost half of the population are Christians, while some 12 per cent are affiliated with non-Christian religions, such as Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, Sikhism, and Judaism. Almost 40 per cent of the population have no religious affiliation.
Places to Live in Auckland, New Zealand
Although around 70 per cent of the territory of Auckland is rural, around 90 per cent of its population live in urban areas. Finding the right neighborhood for yourself in such a large city as Auckland can be a daunting task. For that reason, we at Sunset Moving have put together a short list of neighborhoods that have been deemed the most livable by multiple sources. These neighborhoods include:
- Auckland CBD. Living in this neighborhood means being close to the best bars and clubs in the city, as well as having easy access to more remote and quiet areas, such as the Waiheke and the Rangitoto Island. It is quite walkable, and there are numerous parks here for all outdoor lovers. However, if you like peace in quiet, this is not the area for you. It is very well connected by public transport, which means that having a car is not a must. An average room rents for around $110-200 NZD a week.
- Ponsonby. About a mile and a half from the city center, this area offers a wide array of boutiques, bars, and restaurants. The homes in this area are often restored villas. It is home to a great live music scene, a number of art galleries, and great cafes. While it is possible to get by in this area without a car, it can prove to be quite challenging. The housing in this neighborhood is more expensive than in CBD.
- Parnell. Home to all the amenities you can think of, this neighborhood hosts great markets each Sunday morning. It is, however, twice as expensive as CBD, while not being as well-connected by public transport. It is quite walkable, and the beautiful Domain Park is located here.
- Mount Eden. This peaceful little suburban neighborhood is perfect for those who wish to escape the hustle and bustle of the city. It is home to a dormant volcano and offers great opportunities for outdoor activities. It can also be quite inexpensive, with average rooms renting for $150-250 NZD a week.
The Weather in Auckland, New Zealand
The city of Auckland has an oceanic to humid subtropical climate. It experiences warm, humid summers and mild winters. The average daily high is 75 degrees in February, and around 58 in July. It very rarely snows in Auckland. On average, Auckland sees around 47 inches of rainfall a year.
Moving to Auckland, New Zealand
Are you ready to relocate to Auckland? If so, there is one more important thing to do – get acquainted with the immigration laws and policies of New Zealand. The best way to do so is to contact the Embassy of New Zealand in the United States or visit their official website.
Once that is over with, it is time to start packing your moving boxes. Contact Sunset Moving right away to request a free in-home international moving price estimate. Don’t hesitate to ask our representatives for more information about the services we offer.
Contact Sunset Moving today to schedule your international relocation to Auckland, New Zealand.