International Moving to Calgary
Guaranteed prices for International Moving.
No hidden fees or surprises!
International Moving to Calgary
Guaranteed prices for International Moving. No hidden fees or surprises!
International Relocation to Calgary, Canada with Sunset Moving
Are you planning on moving to Canada? With its breathtaking nature, great educational system, diverse population and stable economy, it is no wonder you wish to relocate here. There is only one thing left to do – choose the perfect place for yourself. We at Sunset Moving have one special city in mind – Calgary. If you are wondering why we believe the City of Calgary is the perfect location for you – read on, and we just might convince you.
About Calgary, Canada
Calgary is the largest city in the Canadian province of Alberta. It is located at the confluence of the Bow River and the Elbow River. It was named after Calgary, a small settlement in Scotland. The name of the settlement originates from Old Norse, and translates to “cold garden”.
The People of Calgary, Canada
The city of Calgary is home to more than a million Calgarians. Calgary is one of the top three Canadian cities when it comes to the portion of minorities who live there. Around 30 per cent of Calgarians belong to a visible minority group. Most of these are Indians, Pakistanis, and Chinese. Other ethnicities that call Calgary home are English, Scottish, German, and Irish.
A little over a half of the population are Christians, while one third claims to have no religious affiliation. Other religions in Calgary include Muslims, Sikhs, Buddhists, and other.
Economy of Calgary, Canada
Calgary is the leader in oil and gas industry in Canada. It is also one of the fastest economically expanding cities. It is known for high incomes, low unemployment rates, and high GDP per capita. The city’s economy relies on energy, financial services, television and film, transportation and logistics, manufacturing, technology, health and wellness, aerospace, retail, tourism, and other branches. This means that finding a job once you move here will be a breeze.
Places to Live in Calgary, Canada
Finding the perfect place in the city for yourself can be a tricky task. The best way to do so is to visit Calgary and experience its neighborhoods first hand before coming to a decision. However, we at Sunset Moving are aware that that isn’t always an option. For that reason, we have compiled a list of some of the best neighborhoods to live in Calgary:
- Beltline. The very heart of the city, this neighborhood boasts one of the highest living standards in the city. It is home to an array of grocery stores, restaurants, and bars. It offers a wide choice of entertainment and nightlife opportunities. It is quite walkable. An average property here sells for around $321,000. The only drawback is that crime rates in the neighborhood aren’t exactly low.
- Brentwood. If you are an outdoor person who leads an active lifestyle, this neighborhood is the perfect choice for you. With numerous trails for cycling, jogging, or walking, it provides its residents with the opportunity to get away from the hustle and bustle of a big city whenever they feel like it. It is also home to a number of great schools, and its vicinity to the University of Calgary doesn’t hurt either. It is, however, more expensive than the previous one, with an average home going for $518,000.
- Dalhousie. This neighborhood has access to almost as much opportunities for outdoor activities as the previous one. It rates pretty high when it comes to community engagement, and is one of the safest neighborhoods in the city. An average home goes for around $467,000.
- Acadia. This area is home to nine schools that cover all grades, which makes it perfect for young families. It has a handful of amenities, as well as great recreation centers. It is very walkable and offers a number of trails. It is also well connected by public transport. An average home in this area goes for around $396,000.
- Hillhurst. In close vicinity to downtown, this neighborhood offers all the amenities you can think of. It hosts a number of events, such as the weekly flea market, seasonal farmers’ markets and more. It is, however, one of the most expensive neighborhoods in the city, with average properties selling for over $620,000.
Moving to Calgary, Canada
Before you start packing your moving boxes, there is one more very important thing you should do. In order to be able to reside in Calgary as more than just a tourist, it is crucial that you get acquainted with Canada’s immigration laws and policies. The best way to do so is to contact the Embassy of Canada in the United States or visit their website here (http://can-am.gc.ca/offices-bureaux/index.aspx?lang=eng).
Are you ready to start calling Calgary your home? If so, you should find a reliable international residential moving company to help you with your relocation. Sunset Moving is a team of international relocation experts with vast experience in moving to Canada. Don’t hesitate to contact our representatives and request more information about our services, such as:
- Air freight shipping services
- Ocean freight shipping services
- Professional packing and unpacking services
- International auto transport
- Storage units
- Moving supplies
- And many more.
Contact Sunset Moving today and request a free in-home international moving price estimate and schedule your international relocation to Calgary, Canada.