International Moving to Malaysia
Guaranteed prices for International Moving.
No hidden fees or surprises!
International Moving to Malaysia
Guaranteed prices for International Moving. No hidden fees or surprises!
International Relocation to Malaysia with Sunset Moving
Are you planning to move to Malaysia? If so, you will most likely need a reliable international relocation company to help you. Luckily, you will not have to look far – Sunset Moving is at your service. We are a dynamic team of professional movers with years of experience in international relocations. We have helped countless clients move from the United States to Malaysia – why wouldn’t you be the next one? If you choose us as your moving partners, our employees will work with you on creating a unique moving plan designed to meet all your requirements and needs. You will be given the opportunity to choose from a wide array of services we offer, such as:
- International residential relocation
- International corporate relocation
- Air freight shipping services
- Ocean freight shipping services
- Storage units
- Moving and packing tips
- Professional packing services
- International car shipping services
- And many more.
Feel free to ask our representatives for more information about our services.
Before you start packing your moving boxes, it is important to know that Malaysia is a country with a completely different culture from American. For that reason, it is of crucial importance to get acquainted with Malaysia before relocating here. This is why we at Sunset Moving have put together this quick guide to Malaysia.
Malaysia is a federal constitutional monarchy located in Southeast Asia. It is comprised of thirteen states and three federal territories. Its capital city is Kuala Lumpur with around 1.7 million residents. Malaysia is considered a quite diverse, multicultural and multiethnic country. It has one of the most stable economies in Asia. The name Malaysia comes from the word Malay, or “melayu”, which translates to “mountain”.
The People of Malaysia
Malaysia is home to almost 30 million people. This makes it the second most populated country in the world. Around 92 per cent of the population are Malaysian citizens. Among them, 67 per cent are indigenous peoples. Around 25 per cent of the population are of Chinese descent, while 7.3 per cent are of Indian descent.
People of Malaysia speak 137 languages. The official language of the country is Bahasa Malaysia, which is a standardized form of the Malay language. A large portion of the population speak English at least to some extent.
The largest and official religion of Malaysia is Islam. Other religions commonly practiced in the country are Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Confucianism, Taoism, Sikhism, and other religions.
Places to Live in Malaysia
Malaysia offers a number of great cities to live in. The best way to find the perfect one for yourself is to visit them in person. However, we at Sunset Moving are aware that that would take a lot of time and money. For that reason, we have put together this short list of some of the best cities to live in Malaysia.
- Kuala Lumpur. The capital of Malaysia is an affordable city to live in with great weather and outdoor opportunities. The overall quality of life is pretty high. However, the city is not best known for freedom of speech or tolerance towards women and people of homosexual orientation. It is a relatively peaceful city, although it might use some traffic improvement.
- Kuching. A city with great air quality, Kuching is a great place for startup businesses. It is a little more expensive than Kuala Lumpur, but the overall quality of life is pretty high.
- Langkawi. Another city you should keep in mind of you are planning on starting your own business, Langkawi offers good quality of life for relatively affordable prices. It is important to keep in mind, however, that this is one of the more conservative cities in the country.
- George Town. One of the most affordable cities in Malaysia, this city is perfect for people who lead an outdoor, active lifestyle. Although notorious for being conservative, and even racist, the city is considered very safe.
The Weather in Malaysia
Given the fact that Malaysia is located in close vicinity to the equator, its climate is categorized as equatorial. This means that the weather is hot and humid pretty much year round. Average annual rainfall revolves around 100 inches. If you are moving to Malaysia from, let’s say, Arizona, you might take some time to get accustomed to so much rain. The average temperature throughout the year is 80 degrees. Malaysia also experiences two monsoon seasons throughout the year, from May to September, and from October to March.
Moving to Malaysia
Are you ready to relocate to Malaysia? Not just yet. There is one more thing you should do – learn more about the country’s immigration and visa policies and laws. The best way to do so is to contact the Embassy of Malaysia in the United States, or visit their official website.
Ready to move? Contact Sunset Moving representatives to receive the best international moving price estimates and ask for any additional information you might need. Call us today to schedule your international relocation to Malaysia. We are looking forward to hearing from you.