International Moving to Rome
Guaranteed prices for International Moving.
No hidden fees or surprises!
International Moving to Rome
Guaranteed prices for International Moving. No hidden fees or surprises!
International Relocation to Rome, Italy with Sunset Moving
Are you thinking about moving to Italy? Is Rome your city of choice? If so, let Sunset Moving lead you through the process of your international relocation. We are a team of moving professionals with vast experience in corporate and residential relocation to Rome, Italy.
If you are seriously considering moving to the Eternal City, it is important that you get acquainted with it first. For that reason, we at Sunset Moving have compiled a quick guide to Rome. Read on to find out more about the city, as well as how to make it your home.
The city of Rome belongs to the Mediterranean climate zone. This means that it experiences a generally pleasant weather, with warm, dry summers and cool, humid winters. During the coldest month of the year, January, the average daily temperature revolves around 54 degrees. The warmest months, July and August, see average temperatures of around 86 degrees. It very rarely snows in Rome.
The city of Rome is home to over 2.5 million people. According to the latest statistics, some 10 per cent of them are non-Italians. Out of those 10 per cent, about half of them are of different European origins, including Romanian, Polish, Ukrainian and Albanian. The other half are non-Europeans, such as Filipinos, Bangladeshis, and Chinese.
Rome is the center of Roman Catholicism. It is, therefore, needless to say that that is the predominant religion of the city. However, not everyone in Rome is a Catholic. Over the recent years, the number of Muslims in the city has been growing.
The official language in Italy is Italian, while other languages are mainly limited to their corresponding communities. However, English is one of the languages taught in schools, so you will have no problems communicating with the locals once you move to Rome.
Places to Live
Rome is a large city with numerous neighborhoods. Out of such a wide array of choices, finding the right one for yourself might prove to be challenging. The best way to overcome this hurdle is to travel to Rome at least once before your international relocation, as that is the only way to experience first-hand what Rome’s neighborhoods really feel like. If you are, however, unable to do so, we at Sunset Moving have compiled a short list of the neighborhoods in Rome we deemed most livable:
- Pigneto. The center of alternative lifestyle, this neighborhood has is young and edgy. During the day, it is a peaceful suburban area like any other. However, it is during the night that it comes to life in its numerous bars and clubs. There are plenty of restaurants, shops, and markets. It is well connected by public transport.
- Ostiense. This neighborhood is flooded with prime examples of modern architecture. It is also home to a number of bars and restaurants, as well as alternative music venues. It is extremely well connected by public transit.
- Monti. If you are looking for a rural charm, this neighborhood is the one for you. It is close to a number of Rome’s major attractions, yet it managed to retain its specific style and feel. The narrow roads of Monti are swarming with great restaurants. The neighborhood is well connected by bus and metro lines. There is also a number of hotels here, so do expect to run into tourists every now and then. The neighborhood is quite car-friendly.
- Tiburtina. This is one of the most affordable areas to live in Rome. The neighborhood is home to pretty much everything you might need, including grocery stores, shops, restaurants, and more. It has an underground railway line that connects it with the rest of the city.
- Borgo Pio. This is a residential area located in the St. Peter’s quart. It is a pedestrian area mainly populated by expatriates. It is a very family-friendly community with its numerous parks, playgrounds, and areas for dogs.
Moving to Rome, Italy
Before you start packing your moving boxes, there is one more thing you should do – get acquainted with Italy’s immigration policies. This is the only way of avoiding any future problems or complications. While you may find information about Italy’s visa system all over internet, the only truly reliable source for such data is the embassy. For this reason, Sunset Moving strongly encourages you to contact the embassy of Italy in Washington D.C. or visit their official website.
Once the paperwork is over with, it is time to for you to move. If you choose Sunset Moving as your professional movers, you will have the opportunity to create your own moving plan in accordance with your needs and limitations. Our representatives will dedicatedly work with you on making that happen. You will be given the opportunity to choose among a wide array of professional moving services, such as:
- International residential relocation
- International corporate relocation
- Air freight shipping
- Ocean freight shipping
- International auto transport
- Moving supplies
- Storage units
- Professional packing services
- And many more.
To get more information about the services we offer, feel free to contact Sunset Moving. Our staff will be more than happy to provide you with the best international moving cost estimates. Contact Sunset Moving today to schedule your international relocation to Rome, Italy.