Moving From Los Angeles To Manchester with Sunset Moving
Are you a Los Angeles resident who is thinking about moving to Manchester, UK? If so, hiring a renown international moving company might be a smart idea. The best professional movers will not only help you relocate, but will lead you through the whole process and be at your service nonstop. Sunset Moving is a team of moving experts with significant experience in both corporate and residential relocation from Los Angeles to Manchester. We know all the tricks of the trade and we will be more than happy to provide you with all the support you need.
Before you start packing your bags, it is important that you fully comprehend the significance of the step you are about to take. For this reason, we at Sunset Moving have compiled a quick guide to your relocation from Los Angeles to Manchester, UK.
Manchester vs Los Angeles: The Climate
Living in Los Angeles, you probably got used to year-round sunshine and barely any rain. The weather is warm all year long, with temperatures often exceeding 90 degrees. However, unlike Los Angeles, Manchester belongs to the temperate Oceanic climate zone. This means that it experiences mild summers, with average temperatures revolving around 60 during the warmest months of the year. The winters are cool with mean temperatures barely exceeding 40 degrees. Throughout the year, around 30 inches of rain falls in Manchester. Among all the changes you will experience upon your relocation, this one might come as the biggest shock of all.
Manchester vs Los Angeles: The People
While Los Angeles is home to almost eight times as many people as Manchester, don’t be surprised if you feel that Manchester is more crowded – it is. With population density of almost 12,000 people per square mile, it is one of the most densely populated cities in the United Kingdom. Most of its residents, about 67 per cent, are white, with Asian people making up for about 14 per cent, while black people comprise around 9 per cent.
Almost half of Manchester’s population are Christians, while one quarter identifies as having no religious affiliation. The rest are mainly Muslims, followed by Hindus, Buddhists, Jews, and other religions.
Areas to Live in Manchester
Before you move to Manchester, it is crucial that you find the best area of the city for yourself. We at Sunset Moving would like to encourage you to visit Manchester at least once before moving there, so that you can experience its neighborhoods first hand. If you have already done so, let us refresh your memory with our short list of the most livable areas of Manchester:
- Whitefield. Although it is not exactly Manchester, this town on the outskirts of the city is less than five miles from the city centre. It has plenty of open areas for outdoor activities, both for individuals and for families. It is quite affordable and the quality of life is high.
- Prestwich. Located right next to Whitefield, this place is perfect for young families. It is home to Europe’s largest municipal park. It is also well connected by public transport, which makes commuting a breeze. It is only slightly pricier than Whitefield.
- Sale. Located just two miles south of downtown, this is a commuter town with a great public transportation network. It is a mixture of old and new, with Victorian buildings standing right next to modern houses. There are two great parks in the area – Worthington Park and Sale Water Park. Studios and apartments in this area are quite affordable, while houses might be a little more expensive.
- Didsbury. This trendy suburban neighborhood is home to some great schools. It also has an abundance of parks and outdoor areas, as well as great restaurants and bars. This is, however, not the cheapest area to buy a house.
- Chorlton. This neighborhood is home to several independent shops, wholefood stores, and delis, which contribute to the feel of a close-knit community. This is the perfect place for young professionals and newlyweds. It also has a well-developed public transportation network.
Moving from Los Angeles to Manchester
Once you have decided where exactly to move to, it is time to prepare for your relocation. One of the most crucial parts of each international moving process is paperwork. Before you start packing your bags, try to obtain all the required information regarding the visa application process.
If you are looking to live and work in the United Kingdom, you might be eligible for a UK work permit. However, if you are looking to obtain British citizenship, you should know that there are strict rules governing eligibility. The first thing you should do is apply for a temporary visa, in an effort to obtain permanent residence, known as Indefinite Leave to Remain, or ILR. Afterwards, you should apply for naturalization and citizenship. To learn more about the process of becoming a UK resident and citizen, visit the UK Visa Bureau website.
Once the paperwork is over with, it is time to get on the road. Contact Sunset Moving representatives to schedule your relocation from Los Angeles to Manchester today. Our staff will be more than happy to provide you with additional information regarding our services, such as professional packing, air freight and ocean freight shipping, international car transport, and many more.
Contact Sunset Moving today to get the best international moving price estimates.